Tuesday, October 9, 2007

#47 -- "My Heart Will Go On" - Celine Dion

Year: 1997
Chart Position: #1
Last year's Worst Songs position: #27

And on and on and on. I get nervous every year this former top ten Worst Song starts amassing votes. The minute I hear that damn penny whistle at the beginning of this wretched ballad I’m ready to take a hostage. Is it me, or does this song go on longer than the actual Titanic movie?

Lots of reasons to hate this baby, but much of it rests on the lovely and talented Celine Dion. Dion was blessed with strong pipes but without a lick of musical sensitivity. She makes Mariah Carey sound demure. Even her sotto voce veers into histrionics. Just sing the damn song, Celine. By the end, you're wishing for the iceberg.

Fun Fact:
Celine Dion is insane.

No comments: