Tuesday, October 16, 2007

#33 -- "Fergalicious" -- Fergie

Year: 2006
Chart Position: #2
Last year's Worst Songs position: unranked

Ferige (born Stacy Ferguson) is an artist whose Worst Song stature is on the rise -- she received votes this year for her participation in the Black Eyed Peas' hit "My Humps" as well as her own solo efforts, "London Bridge" and "Fergalicious." Watch out, Britney -- there's a new sheriff in town.

The story of "Fergalicious" is simple: My name is Fergie, the boys all desire me 'cause I work out, I'm tasty (or, as rapper will.i.am spells out in the song, "t-a-s-t-e-y") and delicious, but I'm not a slut (sorta.) Captivating stuff, made more compelling by Fergie's delivery -- a nasal, flat drone that makes her sound like a bored telemarketer. If you're going to claim that you "make them boys crazy," you might want to at least sound sort of sensual.

Fun Fact: Fergie has appeared twice as the voice of Sally, Charlie Brown's sister, in the animated feature It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown and the short Snoopy's Getting Married, Charlie Brown. Good grief!

No comments: